Wednesday, 28 August 2013

St. Ives Blemish Fighting Apricot Scrub Review


Hi beauties! 

I've been crushing on the best high-street facial scrub lately and I want to tell you all about it. I've now gone through 2 bottles of this St. Ives Blemish Fighting Apricot Scrub*. I have to admit, I'm always a little skeptical of high-street brands because I believe you pay for what you get, but this little gem has definitely proved me wrong. 

This scrub claims to effectively clear away surface oils and dirt which lead to spots and blackheads, helps unclog pores and promote healthier looking skin in just 7 days! 85% of the ingredients in this scrub are of natural origin.  

My thoughts
I'm in love! This scrub is amazing for its price! It contains salicylic acid which I know is great for re-surfacing skin as I used to use salicylic acid skin peels so I'm always drawn to products containing these ingredients, but not just that, 85% of the ingredients in this product are also of natural origin! 

It really is no wonder that this is the UK's Number 1 scrub brand, it really does what it says on the tine. Even though the instructions advised to use this 3 times a week or so I was using it almost everyday because it cleansed my skin so well. It was mild enough to be used everyday, but, it's exfoliating particles were also harsh enough to give skin a deep cleanser and remove all dirt and oil, leaving skin looking bright and flawless! 
I loved this scrub, after a few days of using it my skin felt so much softer, clearer and and my pores looked smaller as well. I loved the deep cleanse feel it gave my skin on a daily basis and the look it gave my skin on a long-term basis.

Overall...
I will definitely be re-purchasing this product over and over again, I think it has won its place as a permanent resident of my bathroom shelf and I would highly recommend this to anyone looking to get into their skin routine and do everything they can to keep their skin clean, clear and super smooth. And to put the 5 star stamp on it, it's only £4.29.

Have you ever tried a St. Ives scrub? 

5 comments:

  1. I've definitely tried their scrubs and love them and especially love their prices! :) But I've been a bit paranoid because I once heard that exfoliating with beads of nuts/apricot pits/etc could have a tendency of opening my pores & making them more visible. Have you heard anything like that? Just curious because that's why I haven't really been buying the St. Ives scrub lately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Victoria,

      Really? Where did you hear that? I've never heard it before but I can say that as far as I'm concerned over my use of the St. Ives apricot scrub I've definitely never experienced larger pores. I find that this scrub does just the opposite, it does close my pores up and make them smaller. Although mind you, I do alternate between scrubs so I don't always use the same one in a row. x

      Delete
    2. If your'e worried about larger pores, I would suggest using a toner after cleansing to tighten those pores back up :)

      -Clara
      EVERGREEN STYLE

      Delete
    3. Thanks Clara :) I use mist/spray toners because I find that the liquid ones that you use with cotton pads really irritate my skin. Do you know of any good liquid ones? x

      Delete
  2. THIS IS ABSOLUTELY ONE OF MY FAVORITE PRODUCTS!
    I can't go on enough about how great St. Ive's products are. They leave your skin so smooth.

    -Clara
    EVERGREEN STYLE

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger & Blogspot Templates from pipdig